We offer a broad variety of chemical transformations to address synthetic challenges from lab to multi-ton scale:
- Acetylation / Acid chlorination / Acylation / Alcoholysis / Alkoxylation / Alkylation / Amides synthesis / Amines synthesis / Aromatization
- Dealkylation / Debenzylation / Dehalogenation / Dehydratation / Dehydrogenation / Demethylation
- Epoxydation / Esterification / Ethers synthesis
- Halogenation / Hydrogenation / Hydrolysis / Hydroxylation
- Oxidation / Oxidation with enzymes / Oxime preparation / Optical resolutions
- Reduction with enzymes / Reductions with iodides
We have the capabilities to run chemical reactions in broad temperatures ranging from -90 °C to 200 °C, with the ability to isolate starting materials and intermediates from natural sources. Other capabilities include chromatography on silica and ion exchange chromatography.
With our vast expertise in customizing particle sizes and extensive crystallization know-how, we produce a wide range of different API grades. For each project, we can offer polymorphic screening to uncover possible new polymorphs and to safeguard polymorphic process stability during scale-up and production. Farmabios has hammer and jet mills on site, allowing milling of the drug substance to the desired particle size distribution. We also provide preparative ion exchange chromatography.
Our teams continuously review process performance after transfer to production in order to identify process improvement opportunities. These improvements allow us to stay ahead of the evolving needs of compendial/quality requirements, commercial/cost improvements and capacity gain needs.